12.06.2010

Day 1



Hi everyone! I've been thinking about creating a "daily" blog for a long time now. A very borrowed idea...my good friend Jess has her own daily photo blog and I love visiting it to see her daily posts. While my goal is also to post a photo each day, I found my reason to be two-fold. First, after noticing that I go days without taking any pictures, I wanted something that would require me to pull my camera out more. I want to make sure I don't have any regrets about not taking more pictures of my babies as they grow up. While we do take a lot of pictures of them, I know I could capture more if I would become more familiar with my camera. Which brings me to my second reason for starting this blog. I want to learn more about my camera. I want to learn how to take advantage of all the bells and whistles and how to get that perfect shot. I will warn you ahead of time, I am a TOTAL amateur. But I am hoping that with practice, and posting a photo every day, I will learn some new things and have some good pictures to show for it. As they say, pardon my progress. I am clueless when it comes to appropriate lighting and technicals when it comes to photography! Although part of me thinks that I am nuts for taking something else on, (2 kids+ new house+ work=full plate!) I am SUPER excited to see what lies ahead. Be sure to check back daily, as I am making it a point to stick with daily posting. I would love to hear any comments you have. And for you photog geniuses (Jess!), I will take all the advice I can get!

4 comments:

  1. YAY!! So excited to see your year of posts unfold :)

    p.s. my "word verification" word to post this was MU LEAVES. where is MU going? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! thanks for sharing with us :)

    ReplyDelete